SANE Online Forums

Saving Lives. Crisis Support. Suicide Prevention.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 

Social Spaces

Re: Hot Chocolate Anyone ?

Windy weather I am imagining @Former-Member@Smc. It's been raining a lot here. Some sunny weather expected at the end of the week.

We did get wind yesterday (Sunday) here in WA @Smc

Otherwise, the temperatures have been heating up fast here.

We will be up to 40C within a month or so.

It's hot & dry soon, from now until April (or May) - when we start getting our Winter rainfall again.

Adge

@Adge, we're getting a string of 10-15 deg. nighttime temperatures, when the usual average for the month is 5 deg. Daytime temps are similarly warmer than usual, and the soil is very dry. Smiley Frustrated Not good news for keen gardeners or the firies.

Constant drizzle here which means I will likely miss my walk again tomorrow. 

At least the wind has died down.

Noticed the river was up when we did the school run this morning, went shopping tonight and there was no bread or milk left. People panic buying it would seem despite the fact that we usually get weeks of notice before a flood. And at this stage a flood is not likely anyway. Need a lot more rain in the upper catchment for that to happen. 

Former-Member
Not applicable

No walk @Determined ... yikes

Remembered you have two exercise machines ... crisis averted πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€

I can actually get to the exercise machines now after the weekends efforts 

I should use the treadmill today after work. 

Former-Member
Not applicable

@Determined

212dc9e7913a166c5113a1b8210bdf78.gif

Morning everyone .... πŸ‘‹πŸ’•

Heading to the local pool for some walking laps this morning.  I haven’t been for weeks ..... 

Is there any of that hot chocolate left @soul ?  We had a cool change roll in overnight, lightening and all, and hot chocolate might be just the ticket this morning ....

Just tagging @Shazz66 here ..... this is the Carer side of the forums, but many here have mental health struggles of their own, and some can follow on from carer’s stressors and issues as well, as they have for me

at times.  This is our virtual coffee shop, a drop in thread if you like, so feel free to post here any time, or open a thread on this side of the forums for support in your carer role perhaps.  There are some lovely folk here, and some frequent both sides of the forums, so you will see us around in any case.

Former-Member
Not applicable

Hi @Faith-and-Hope, looks like a day for indoor exercise. Hi @Shazz66

images.png

@Determined, yep, knowing what to look out for in "floodwatch" situations is really helpful.

It was odd watching reactions on our town FB page when there was a low to moderate level flood risk a couple of years ago. Such situations, it can change to high risk, but not really "without warning". I was getting on the BOM site and watching rain radar and their water level readings for our creek, and doing "visual checks" myself of the water level. When it got to about 10-ish at night, the water levels were starting to drop and there was no significant rain anywhere on the radar... so I put up a post saying "Not happening tonight- I'm going to bed. :)"  

Being aware of the danger signs can be good at giving a sense of security. If you don't know what to look for, yeah, it's easy to panic.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance