SANE Online Forums

Saving Lives. Crisis Support. Suicide Prevention.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: Exo's Exposé

Image result for jonquil pictures

@Exoplanet   Hi and good morning.  Even tho' you describe a mental blur you really do seem to have a pretty good handle on the important details.  I'm glad your sister went with you to your appointments, she can help you remember the 'fine print' when you are ready to.  Honestly I think the blur could be a self-protection mechanism, if that makes sense.  You are being so strong (well staunch) about the whole matter and I'm impressed the way you are so clear about what you do and don't want.  Lots of love, Eth

PS my adult child is recovering well - the end of week one since the op and as they said yesterday ' all the bits that are meant to come out have come out (drains etc) and all the bits that stay in are in'. They describe the pain as feeling more bruisy than sharp, so that's some relief to them.  They are stronger every day and have maintained an amazing sense of humour throughout the whole business.  Wishing the same for you Heart

Hello @eth , hope your having a good day HeartYour right about the blur, I've been told
I have naturally developed a lot of self-protection stuff. Thank you for telling me
about your adult childs recovery - & if it's the type of conversation you'd have with
them, thank them for me too. It is a relief to me as well to hear the discomfort involved
as bruisy more than sharp & that 'all the bits that are meant to come out have come out
and all the bits that stay in are in' 😄 .

So glad that my sharing about what they are experiencing is giving you some relief @Exoplanet   That is my hope and the reason for doing so.  I have questioned whether I should or not a few times, so it's really good to hear it's helping.   Hope today has been a peaceful one for you.  Sending love xx

I have the date for my surgery, 5/09/2019 at 10 am, just under 2 weeks away. I have a huge day Tuesday, with the anaesthetist at 7.40 am! & then physio {both are informational appointments} at 9.30 am. I have an appointment with my GP Monday. Doctors, doctors, doctors - yuk, yuk & YUK! I'm wanting more blur to kick in, I don't want to think about what's going to happen! But the more I hear about it, the more relief I do feel - all things going well, I'll only be in hospital for 2 nights - that doesn't sound too bad . . . though 2 days without a smoke sounds pretty tough, I just hope I'm properly medicated & don't get much of a chance to notice?!? The Doctor did say I will be able to wear a nicotine patch, that'll be something. I told my Daughter last night & she's going to arrange for some time off so that she can be there & my Sister will be there to take me back to her place for a couple of weeks. I don't know how to explain how I'm feeling; I don't know if anyone would remember the ad, a farmers dog tries to jump on the back of his ute or bike & misses, falling flat on the ground 'Bugger' . . . that's how I feel.

@eth  @Appleblossom  @Shaz51  @Zoe7  @Faith-and-Hope  @Sophia1 @outlander  @Teej  @greenpea 

Love to all that need or want it Heart

I do remember that ad @Exoplanet - one of the all time great ads - says it all Hon.

It is great that you will have help after the surgery. Two weeks is not far away at all but enough time to get things organised also. 

I can imagine you are feeling a bit numb with it all happening so quickly and so many appointments to get your head around. Hope it all does go really well and you will have minimal time in hospital.

Love and hugs Hon Heart

Heart  @Exoplanet 

th1.jpg@Exoplanet  thinking of you and sending lots of love and hugs Heart

I know it’s a small thing @Exoplanet , but maybe consider holding a pen or something in your hand while you’re wearing the nicotine patch, because you will feel the absence of holding something too ..... just a thought.  Turning the pen over in your fingers or fiddling with beads, or seeds, or shells, or small stones, or something else like that will help to occupy them.

I know it’s a small thing @Exoplanet , but maybe consider holding a pen or something in your hand while you’re wearing the nicotine patch, because you will feel the absence of holding something too ..... just a thought.  Turning the pen over in your fingers or fiddling with beads, or seeds, or shells, or small stones, or something else like that will help to occupy them.

Hugs @Exoplanet 

Love your resilience and sense of humour.

I have been in a family crisis for nearly 2 weeks so not online much.

"Knowing" you has given me a greater sense of strength and meaning.

HeartSmiley Happy

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance