SANE Online Forums

Saving Lives. Crisis Support. Suicide Prevention.

Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: My life partner has Bipolar ii

little things like that can make things awkward. -- sure do @Determined, @Former-Member

makes it hard

I have noticed that  Mr D tends to be rude if something not right @Shaz51 @Determined. Mountains out of molehills. I can see this up coming trip is going to be another howl fest at bed time. 

Kind of takes the joy out of going away doesn't it @Former-Member @Shaz51 😔

I have noticed that  Mr D tends to be rude if something not right -- same here @Former-Member xx

Sounds a bit like my mum @Shaz51 @Former-Member, she can be rude when things are not right. Darling is not usually directly rude to someone, usually I have to endure her thoughts on the precieved injustice afterwards, when she does snap and say what she is thinking she does it properly and I am left to clean up the fallout. Her parents have unfortunately learned  a few new words since living under the same roof. 

@Shaz51 the twin will also get upset if someone upsets me but is usually not a grudge holder although he remembers in detail things that are said  (ECT forgetory excluded). 

The crying is one of my concerns @Determined along with a couple of other things.

I know I find it hard and feel quite helpless when darling is reduced to tears @Former-Member, when she is in a rage while still hurts it is easier to put up an emotional wall and switch off to some extent  but when the tears come I find that hard to cope with.  Mostly because I feel the need to fix things and can't . And I want to hold her and can't. 

Mr D does not want to be held either when he is crying   @Determined

Must get sleep ....

Nodding off here also @Former-Member

Big bike ride planned again tomorrow so some sleep in order. 

Thinking of you and mr d with upcoming travels.

And you @Shaz51 and your mr. 

It made life easier for me once I realised I could not fix things @Determined @Shaz51 (doesn't stop me from trying at times 😬) Knowing when to hold back vs when to push is ongoing.

Mr Darcy does go to medicals but he complains at times, still finds it hard to understand the chronic nature of his condition and coming to terms with the occupational consequences and ensuing medical complications following his attempt.

Just keep doing what I can to reduce stress, gently encourage, be prepared to do things that increase his well-being, etc.  😀.

Am thankful that we are now in a place where we are getting things done.

Determined - not withstanding MIL situation, do you think Darling is finding being in town better? Is she doing more social things?

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance