SANE Online Forums

Saving Lives. Crisis Support. Suicide Prevention.

Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Any diagnosed germophobes or hoarders on this forum?

Oh no @Anastasia , that is not good regarding your boy going walkabouts in the middle of the night. Has your bf been able to find him and usher him home safely?  How is your pain levels going now, post operation?

Hi @NatureLover good to hear you have experienced some improvement in your back pain. It can be so debilitating, and long term pain leads to depression.

Emelia 🌷🌻🌹🌺

@Anastasia wrote:

My boys giving me grief. Back to old habits of walkabouts in the middle of the night @NatureLover 

Oh gosh - that's not good...do you mean sleepwalking, or night roaming while awake? I guess while awake...and do you still have a curfew up there in Sydney? I've lost track... Did your bf find him quickly? Oh dear. 😞

I only saw your message this morning, but am sending belated wishes and will continue to do so for the immediate future.

Please also send any other requests so that I can send accurate wishes for your recovery...

Today seems to be a battle here, but I'm hoping I can manage some tidying, as the house is out of control with narrow hazardous pathways and many things to possibly trip over... I've let it get out of control since the bad heel and arch pain started about 3 months ago, and then the back pain. And as for the weather...gloom, gloom and more gloom! 

I hope your pain today is improved and that the painkillers work well. Also that you can rest and recover in bed without feeling you need to get up and do things. Sending healing and restful vibes and wishes and much 💚

@Anastasia 

@Emelia8 wrote:

Hi @NatureLover good to hear you have experienced some improvement in your back pain. It can be so debilitating, and long term pain leads to depression.

Thanks, @Emelia8 ...I am still sending wishes for your terrible back pain 💜

Thank you @NatureLover 

I'm sorry you're struggling. I'm going to send my fairies back. Please keep them. I have plenty 😃 Let them do the heavy lifting for you. It would give me great pleasure knowing they are helping you.

IMG_20210911_113005.jpg

My boy has limited capacity for how choices affect us at times, so if he wants a walk and coffee at ridiculous hours then so be it. No curfew here anymore. At least he did adhere to them when the were in place. My concern is always his safety. He isn't doing great so of course the mind races as to where he's gone and why. Probably silly but something that I think will remain with me forever sadly. 

Thankfully yes my bf found him quickly and brought him home. Not much sleep was had by me and none for him as a result. 

I got in touch with the organisation about the scholarship and they are sifting through them, no news as yet. Crossing everything still. 

Stay safe, go gently just do what you can. Hugs and love and as much sun to see you through to November dear friend 💛💚🌄

Screenshot_2021-09-25-18-22-39-14.jpg

Screenshot_2021-09-25-18-23-03-23.jpg

Screenshot_2021-09-25-18-23-36-88.jpg

@NatureLover 💚💛

Hello @Former-Member can you please approve these pictures for @NatureLover ?

Thank you 💕

Hi @Anastasia , thank you for the helping fairies 🙂 Heart

I managed to do quite a lot of laundry yesterday but not much tidying. So today I will try again. Thankfully it's sunny today!!!

I'm glad your son was found quickly and that Sydney doesn't have the curfew any more...phew.

I've been remembering your scholarship application and sending wishes... 

@Anastasia wrote:

Stay safe, go gently just do what you can. Hugs and love and as much sun to see you through to November dear friend 💛💚🌄

Yes, I'm trying to go gently with myself. Did I tell you my psychologist has been on 4 months' maternity leave? And that my lovely GP of 30 years has retired? So I've been trying not to blame myself for however I'm getting through, even if that includes no housework due to back and foot pain and SAD. Just taking each day and each hour at a time. Thanks so much for your kind words...kind words are my 'love language'. Heart

I hope your recovery is going well...how are your pain levels today? I hope you can take it easy and that your boy doesn't do any more midnight walking...
Sending lots of healing vibes and 💚🌷🌞🌻

Thank you @outlander ...how are you doing?

💙

@NatureLover  Oh my goodness, no you didn't tell me about your psychologist and Dr!!!!!

How long is your psychologist on leave for? Do you have a back up for now?

Have you found a new Dr? 30 years is a long time I can imagine it has left you feeling quite uneasy, yes? Is there a Dr within the practice that you would feel comfortable to entrust with your health? 

Im sorry the two have coencided, that is a lot NL. 

My psychologist is also on maternity leave, I'm not too distraught but I must find a new one! 

Gosh wouldn't it be good if they were "sub human" and didn't have lives outside of their profession. I'm sorry that you have been left without supports, especially at the moment with your foot and back giving you grief as well as the SAD. 

If I was there I'd boil the kettle make you a hot cuppa and sit with you and listen, really listen.

Perhaps we could share stories of happy times and even have a laugh? I have no doubt we'd have things in common. I haven't told you, I don't think, but I spent some of my childhood living in Melb. I was little so vague memories but I've been back since and I'm fond of it.

Well done with the laundry, that in itself is an achievement, go you ✔️🤸‍♀️🥇

Pain levels okish but huge headache today. Older son brought me brekkie in bed, he's a cutie. He's looking to move out so he's actually been more "present" of late. I guess in his own way he's savouring his last little while at home. 

I sent some sun pictures in a previous message but they haven't been approved so I've asked for them to be. Hoping for continual sun and warmth for you to keep you going. 

Leaving you a cuppa and some more love dear friend. Keep being gentle with you 💚💛🌄

Thanks @Anastasia  for your kind words Heart No, I've been doing without my psychologist...too difficult to start afresh...am hoping she resumes work sometime soon. She initially said back in October and she'd write an email to me in September, but I haven't heard anything yet, so I hope everything's OK.

I've found a couple of potential new GPs at a local clinic but haven't started with them yet...I did try a female GP at the same clinic as my old doctor, but the lady I tried seemed disapproving and not understanding of my mental health. This was a few months ago...my GP retired due to illness, so I've been worried about her. I haven't seen her since around February, and I only found out last week that she's not coming back. 😥 So yes, it's a big gap in my support with both of them being away. 

I'm sorry your psychologist is on maternity leave too! Won't it take you months to get in to see a new psychologist? Oh gosh.

That's a worry that you've got such a headache...I thought surgery was hopefully to correct that? I really hope painkillers help 💚

I like that you're fond of Melb...which part of Melbourne did you live in when you were little? 

Thanks for the sun pictures which I'll look for after this. Sending wishes for your big headache and general pain relief and recovery 💚

P.S. Those fairies!! They are awesome @Anastasia ...they hopped into action about 3.30 and tidied the whole lounge-room floor and a little bit of the kitchen floor!!! They were doing great but then unfortunately I went to open a parcel and hurt my finger 😞 The fairies vanished in a flash and I've made an appt with the GP (a new one) for tomorrow morning. I hope she doesn't send me straight down to Emergency as that's not something I could cope with, the possible germs or the 6 hour wait in the possible germs. That's why I'm not going to Emergency tonight. 

But I'm really grateful for the tidying fairies, for the first time in 3 months I don't have narrow pathways in my lounge-room. Thank you Heart

I hope you are doing OK...hope your painful headache eased... 💚

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance