SANE Online Forums

Saving Lives. Crisis Support. Suicide Prevention.

Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Worry Room - Get it out, and walk away

Day to day is basically all the same...

I'm willing & happy to do a Managing Emotional Distress (DBT) group - somewhat as a matter of urgency.

Yet I've only been told about (or referred) to public MH groups - that I cannot meet the criteria for, with waitlists of about 12 months.

My brother said just now: Dealing with such a long waiting list & rigorous selection criteria (for DBT or other MH Groups) – would badly adversely impact on anyone’s mental health, & would make it much worse (especially as I am already impacted).

My brother does not see how anyone can deal with such a system - I agree.

I need other options, if anyone can refer me to them – immediately (or soon) available.

This has been very bad news. I am virtually bursting into tears right now, as all the doors seem closed.

I've tried so very hard to access MH services, to cooperate with help, & to get things right - nothing has been going right at all.

Adge

Oh I'm so sorry @Adge

Do you have a thread you usually talk on? I'd be happy to discuss things with you...

Heart

Thanks @Hope4me

The Self care with major physical illness thread (I started) is the one I use the most.

This MH tail-spin (down-hill) all started with physical injury, about 6 weeks ago.

The pain was excruciating, I couldn't sleep through any night (for weeks) - that's what brought about the downward tail-spin (spiral).

Adge

i always make the mistake that people care when they really dont.

@Former-Member 💕 i read previous msg and im here if you want to talk

I'm really struggling with my thoughts... it's all based around worst possible outcomes... and literally i cannot tell if they're true or not... it's absolutely terrible to be stuck in this predicament every day...

I'm disappointed that I've gotta deal with this on a daily basis... but yea, i supppse i gotta see it as apart of my illness... it's truly crippling... it really is...

Update... I've worked out that my paranoia has two extremes... and I've worked out that's it's heavily influenced by the weather... i think any symptoms WHEN you're talking mental health stuff has the two extremes... kind OF like the bipolar swing... no matter what diagnosis you're dealing with...

@outlander - I care...x

@Hope4me 💕
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance