SANE Online Forums

Saving Lives. Crisis Support. Suicide Prevention.

Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Jamc
Senior Contributor

Re: Worry Room - Get it out, and walk away

So worn out Saturday did small shop & sorted out some banking as my bank is open Sat mornings place is packed can i just sleep for the next 24 hours then it is over & i can feel safe

8 REPLIES 8

Are you ok @Jamc?

@eth Yes it Noosa Triathlon Weekend here so many people around makes me feel stressed but going to gym this afternoon after tri and work it out

I question whether anything is helping anymore. So many more triggers, flashbacks and SH are happening and I just cannot do it any more.  I have NO answers and no one who gives them to me. It takes so long for this person to talk to this person and I am just stuck in the middle. I don't want to put my pain or hurt onto anyone else, so I still wake up every day but at what cost. I feel more lost, alone and anxious than I ever have before and feel helpless every single minute.

Judgements, judgements - when they haven't even met me yet.

Online dating site (email messages) - "Oh I didn't know you had been married".

"I don't like dating separated or divorced people, because they're bitter & have too much baggage" (she said).

Then I'm expected to explain & defend myself (she asked me to) - when we've never even met, she knows nothing about me.

I was asked many questions about how religious I am, & whether I go to church every week.

I'm sorry, but I don't see how anyone can get to know each other (or date) - with such pre-conceived ideas. I feel judged before we've even started.

No wonder I haven't tried online dating in such a long time...

Adge

@Sylvester I'm only just realizing that I was masking some rather heavy stuff in my childhood and teenage years. 

Hi @eudemonism

I am sorry you are feeling this way, do yo think it would be helpful to talk to someone such as Lifeline 131114?

Sylvester 

SANE Modertor 

Hey @Sylvester ??? It's a true story mate...
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance