SANE Online Forums

Saving Lives. Crisis Support. Suicide Prevention.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Arizona
Senior Contributor

My gratitude practice

I'm going to write down/talk about some of the things I'm grateful for. I will only write down things I'm genuinely grateful for. I won't try to be a 'good person'. I will add to my list during the day. Then I will review it at night.

Right now I'm genuinely grateful for...

A cup of tea with honey. I really am grateful for my cup of tea with honey. I woke up in a horrible state of anxiety and depression. I feel a bit better now after having my cup of tea with honey. It was so nice that I'm going to have another one.

Washing my face with a warm face washer. Years ago I flew to London on a flight with Japanese Airlines. We stopped overnight in Osaka. Throughout the flight they handed out hot face towels that had been steamed in baskets. They held them with a pair of tongs to let them cool for a few seconds  then handed you one. It was so soothing and refreshing. I do this now at home.

10 REPLIES 10

Re: My gratitude practice

Hi @Arizona  I often wake up with horrible anxiety and depression too 😞 What type of tea do you drink in the mornings to help settle you? Such a hard way to start the day. 

Hello @Krishna 

My favourite tea is Nerada Organic Chai. I have it with soy milk and stevia and sometimes I have honey.

I also make my own homemade vanilla chai once a week.

@Arizona  Mmmm sounds like the perfect cuppa for the mornings. Thanks for sharing. I do love chai tea. 

I'm reviewing my gratitude practice for today...

I'm grateful for cups of tea with honey, washing my face with a warm face washer and finding some new Carman's super seed crackers with almonds and sesame seeds. They are so yummy and I'm so grateful to have found some crackers that don't have any wheat or sugar in them and are actually nice. I will write to the company and thank them. 

I don't mind that I'm only grateful for three things. I'm not judging myself. If I can be genuinely grateful for three things then I'm happy.

Good to hear simple things that people are grateful for.

Sometimes people can get stuck in the clouds or perceive what is good is un-attainable to most.

Thanks @Arizona  for that refreshing message.How do you think gratitude helps or counters your state of anxiety or depression? I suppose it gives you a focus on what is helpful to do next ? 

Right now I'm genuinely grateful for...

My Tangle Teezer wet brush. It's called a wet brush but you can use it on wet or dry hair. It's really good at getting knots out without damaging your hair. I also use it when I'm putting conditioner or a treatment in my hair. I just gave my hair a good brush and it felt good.

My white noise/rain sounds video. I can't say much about this right now. My anxiety is too bad. 

https://youtu.be/jygQI4xM8Rg

Hi @Arizona 

The things you are grateful for sound amazing!

I love honey lemon tea as well. I have washed my face occasionally with a warm face washer it is a nice feeling. The Japanese airline experience sounds great. 

Today I'm grateful for the nice lunch I had just a pie with crinkle chips and tomato sauce so good. 

And I am very grateful for the time to just watch some movies. 

I hope you have a good day!

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance