SANE Online Forums

Saving Lives. Crisis Support. Suicide Prevention.

Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Daisydreamer
Senior Contributor

Covid-19: Supporting each other through times of change

Hi there forums community,

Over the last month, a lot has changed with covid-19. There have been more lockdowns, changes in restrictions, and lots of news coverage of the pandemic. We want to acknowledge just how much change there has been and continues to be in Australia and across the globe. 

Here on the forums, we have seen a lot of people talking about the changes that continue to take place as a result of the pandemic, and the ways we are all coping with lockdowns/restrictions, the news/media and the impact the pandemic has had on each of our lives.

As a community, we are all here to support each other through these difficult times! Heart

Stay Strong Stronger Together GIF by GIPHY Studios Originals

We are mindful that the coming month may see more change and more restrictions across the country. So as a community, this is a space to:

• Share how you are feeling right now
  • Talk about the impact covid-19 has had on your life in the last month
  • Share tips, ideas and strategies for coping with change and restrictions
  • Support others who are seeking help

We are all in this together, and our hope is that this discussion can hold space for the community to check in with each other and be a support through this difficult time.

SANE Forums are accessed by people all over Australia and your experience, thoughts and tips for coping might help others.

How are you coping at the moment?

If you need someone to talk to, or you are experiencing distress, SANE is here for you. SANE Support Services are available from 10am-10pm Monday to Friday. Our team of counsellors and peer support workers are here to support you. 

We also have some spaces on the forums that can help you to find ways to cope with change and build in self care. Join in our discussion about Self Care Activities and share your ideas, or check out the new discussion on the Friends, Family and Carers forum Coping Toolbox ( what is in yours to help you cope ) 

If you're struggling with a recent covid diagnosis, and/or requiring medical advice, please contact the National Coronavirus Helpline on: 1800 020 080, your local GP, or dial 000 for urgent medical assistance.

93 REPLIES 93

Re: Covid-19: Supporting each other through times of change

In our state masks are in and out as quickly as weather changes which makes it difficult for those with a bad memory. On the bright side those with a bad memory can reread old books and movies like they experienced them for the first time which gives plenty of entertainment for a lockdown. I hope those in current lockdown are connecting with loved ones and reaching out to keep up their spirits. My thought are with you and hoping the lockdown will be a quick one.

I am not coping

my psychologist appointments have moved to phone. I cancelled this weeks one

wearing a mask makes my anxiety worse

lockdown makes my ED so angry which is increasing my sh and si

its not a good mix of anything. 

Hey @Bow 

I am sorry to hear that you are not coping. Wanna chat about anything? I am here to listen, I may not have any advice but I can listen.

Meggle

That’s not good @Bow . Sitting with you hun.

💜🌸💜🌸💜🌸💜

Hi @Lost9,
Thank you for reaching out. Some kind words of support there that I am sure are really appreciated by those going through lockdowns Heart You are right, there have been quick changes to restrictions recently. Sharing your hope that lockdown will be quick

Hi @Bow,

Echoing @Oaktree and @Eve7's comments here, we are thinking of you Heart Moving to phone based appointments can be a really big challenge, and hoping that you are able to lean on the rest of your supports this week if you need them Heart 

hugs @Lost9@Bow@Oaktree@Eve7@Daisydreamer Heart

thinking of you and sooo many members here with what is going on 

wow, looks like it getting closer up here wher i am in far north queensland , thinking of you @Determined with the school holidays and now this 

I have been waiting in the car for 4 hours now. The sun coming through the window is getting hot. My son has cough and cold symptoms and works in retail. He wasn't at any exposure sites himself but he lunches in the same shopping centre as one of the confirmed cases was at. So we decided to get him Covid tested just to be sure. We went to a drive through covid clinic but the police said it was a 3 hour + wait and sent us to a hospital closer to the city. I think the drive through may have ended up quicker as we are still waiting. Along with the time in driving I think this was the longer time option but nevermind we are in it now.

Meggle

You are doing the right thing @Oaktree Heart
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance