SANE Online Forums

Saving Lives. Crisis Support. Suicide Prevention.

Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Carers Hints and tips to Success

Good morning @Shaz51 @Smc @Shammi @Raine @Adge @tisme @Audrey @Faith-and-Hope  @Maryjune @Cloud9  @Tiggeroo @Janiee @Sanatorium23 @outlander @H3art

Can I gently encourage you to do a little something in the self care department today. 🐞

Good morning @Former-Member Heart

Hello @Smc, @Shammi, @Raine, @Adge

Hello @Former-Member, @Shaz51, anyone else around.
Hmmm.... we usually try to treat Sunday afternoons (after church) as a bit of rest-up time. Younger Daughter is off with a friend for a week, so we've got the place to ourselves. Can't think of anything specific I'd like to do at the moment. "Nothing much" sounds fairly attractive in its own right at the moment. 🙂

Hi @Smc + everyone else around.

Usually Sunday for us is Church in the morning and rest in the afternoon. This morning we all slept in until late and have come to Visit MIL for the afternoon 

This afternoon we had a picnic lunch in a park with a nice view before coming to the hospital. Watching the boats buzz by has wet my appetite to get our boat dusted off and back in the water.

Screenshot_20190113-133538_Gallery.jpg

Usually Sunday for us is Church in the morning and rest in the afternoon., same here @Determined, @Smc, @Former-Member

but Mr shaz slept in this morning and then had breakfast and went back to back , the meds the doctor gave him for his shoulder is making hime very sleepy

@pat1

Self care tips throughout this thread ...

Good evening @Former-Member@Shaz51 & everyone.

Yes you can definitely gently encourage me to do (lots of) self-care, @Former-Member

In fact I wanted to have that at the top of my list, througout today (& the coming days).

I've finally had the afternoon to myself, to rest & "process events" - for the first time in almost 2 weeks.

That's because my guests (relatives) have now all gone home.

I'm not used to sharing my personal space with several people, for such a long time (several weeks) - I don't see any of them for several years, in between visits.

Adge

How have you been going with keeping fluids up @Adge?

I've been more consistent (getting better) with keeping the fluids up @Former-Member

Especially important in this hotter weather - & because I've lost a lot of weight, over the past 5 weeks (or so).

That weight-loss was very sudden, & not intentional.

I'm considerably under-weight (again) at the moment - after 3 & 1/2 years of concerted efforts to gain weight, & to get back into my healthy weight-range.

Oh well, I will gain it back again (eventually).

The weight-loss didn't come out of any body fat, because I have no fat on me (whatsoever) - it came from muscle wastage.

Adge

i have done abit of self care today @Former-Member just watching some tv with a heat pack with a cup of tea what self care did you do Darcy?

was nice to read what others done/had planned for today

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance